Shocking Truths Revealed During Clinton’s Benghazi Testimony

The traditional media, all Liberal, all Democrat rooters have declared that Hillary was a big winner in the Benghazi hearing.  Oh her demeanor was so Presidential! She did not fold under tense, hard questioning? She held her own – blah, blah, blah!

What she did was spend a week prepping for the hearing with teams acting as Republicans and grilling her. Then she figured out her spin to put on the whole deal.

But new facts came out – some new E-mails she had been hiding. If you look at the facts and forget how Hillary handled herself you can see that this woman belongs in jail!!!

Dick Morris reports:

Now we know conclusively that even as she paraded the video condemning the prophet Muhammad as the supposed cause of the Benghazi attack, Hillary Clinton knew full well that it had nothing to do with the video and was entirely and exclusively caused by a terrorist attack.

Documents disclosed at the Benghazi Committee hearing highlight the duplicity. It began while shots were still being fired.

At 10:00 p.m. on the night of September 11, 2012, while the Benghazi consulate was still under violent attack, Hillary released a statement blaming the anti-Muslim internet video for inciting a protest that led to the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

That was what she publicly told the American people. That was the line pushed by the Obama Administration.

But privately, just one hour later, she sent an email to her daughter saying that “Two officers were killed today in Benghazi by an al-Qaeda-like group.”

And the following day, she repeated this unambiguous analysis of what had caused the tragic murders and, once again, described the situation in Libya as a “terrorist attack”.   Notes of her phone call to the Egyptian Prime Minister on September 12, 2012 made no mention of the anti-Muslim internet video that she publicly claimed described the situation in Libya as a “terrorist attack.”

The mail to Chelsea and her phone call with the Egyptian Prime Minister are the smoking gun, showing that Hillary knowingly, deliberately, and repeatedly lied in linking the attack to the video.

While Hillary adduced no evidence that the Benghazi attack was linked to the video, she did explain that the entire environment in North Africa was infected by animosity triggered by the video.

But that was not the case in Benghazi.  It was a terrorist attack, not a spontaneous demonstration gone awry as both Obama and Hillary would have us believe.

And why did they want us to believe it?  Because it was six weeks before Election Day and Obama had taken credit for reducing al-Qaeda to the “junior varsity.”  Obama could not afford to have the American voters know that the J.V. was now the Varsity.

They lied.  And now we have the proof.


The Wall Street Journal Chimes in:

Hillary’s Benghazi Story Implodes


“Thanks to Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi testimony on Thursday, we now understand why the former secretary of state never wanted anyone to see her emails,” writes Kimberley Strassel. Those emails and other State Department documents “show that the Obama administration deliberately misled the nation about the deadly events in Libya on Sept. 11, 2012.”

The new documents from the Benghazi select committee show that while Mrs. Clinton publicly blamed an Internet video for an allegedly spontaneous protest, she privately told her daughter that night that it was an attack by “an Al-Qaeda-like group.” And the next day she told the Prime Minister of Eqypt: “We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack—not a protest.” When questioned on this evidence by Rep. Jim Jordan (R., Ohio), “She dodged, and it was obvious,” writes Peggy Noonan.

“All of this is no mere game of gotcha,” notes a Journal editorial. “Mrs. Clinton’s private-public contradiction goes to the honesty of a public official whose obligation was to protect Americans and who now wants a promotion to the Oval Office. It shows that her first instinct even on a matter of life and death was to help the Administration conceal the nature of the Benghazi attack.”

Ms. Noonan raises other important questions: “A secretary of state who supported a military action that unleashed chaos and sends her friend, the ambassador, into that chaos has no awareness of his requests for more security? Sidney Blumenthal had her personal email address but Chris Stevens didn’t?”

Finally, we have the thoughts of Daniel John Sobieski writing for American Thinker:

In a monumental display of self-serving chutzpah, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she was there to testify before the Benghazi Select Committee to honor the service and memory of the four men killed in the terrorist attack. Then why, Madam Secretary, did you tell the parents of the dead as you and they stood in front of their sons’ caskets that you were going to get the maker of the video you blamed for their deaths?

In sharp questioning by. Rep. James Jordan, R-Ohio, Mrs. Clinton denied she was the source of the video lie even though she was the first to mention it in the context of the Benghazi attack. Jordan pointed out that at 10:08 on Sept. 11, 2012, as the battle was still raging, Mrs. Clinton issued the following statement:

Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this


She told Jordan she was only saying that others were claiming it as a motivation for their participation and  she was not herself assigning blame. Yet this became the Obama administration mantra, being repeated five times on the Sunday talk show circuit and six times in a single speech to the United Nations by President Obama. Worse yet, she told both Charles Woods and Patricia Smith as they stood in front of their son’s caskets that she would see to it that she would get the person who made that inflammatory video. Investor’s Business Daily noted how much Hillary’s expression of regrets over Benghazi meant to these mourning parents:

Not much, particularly to Charles Woods and Patricia Smith, parents of Ty Woods and Sean Smith, respectively, two of the four Americans murdered by al-Qaida-affiliated terrorists in an attack Clinton blamed on a video.

Clinton expressed no regrets for repeating the video lie to Woods in front of his son’s casket as it arrived at Dover Air Force Base:

“Her countenance was not good, and she made this statement to me . .. she said we will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted,” he told radio host Glenn Beck, adding that he “could tell that she was not telling me the truth.”

As we have pointed out, phony scandals don’t produce body bags. Smith testified before the House Oversight Committee about how President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Clinton, among other top administration officials, approached her at the casket ceremony when her son’s body was returned.

“Every one of them came up to me, gave me a big hug, and I asked them, ‘What happened, please tell me?’ And every one of them said it was the video. And we all know that it wasn’t the video. Even at that time they knew it wasn’t the video. So they all lied to me.”

Hillary Clinton that night knew that the video in question had nothing to do with Benghazi. Gregory Hicks, deputy chief of station in Libya at the time of the attack and a career foreign officer for over two decades, told the truth before Congress and was rewarded with a demotion:

We have the testimony of Gregory Hicks, deputy chief of mission in Libya and a foreign service officer for 22 years. He was demoted to desk officer for telling the truth that those in Libya knew it was a terrorist attack from the “get-go,” that there was no “protest” or mention of one from anyone on the ground, and that the infamous YouTube video was “a non-event” in Libya.

We also have the public testimony of Mike Morrell, then acting CIA director, who has also said that the video and the Benghazi attack had nothing to do with each other:

Morell’s public testimony comes a day after the CIA’s top officer on the ground in Libya at the time of the Benghazi terrorist attack appeared before a House panel for the first time. In closed-door testimony, he confirmed the attack was “not an escalation of protests.” Morell received that message in Washington, D.C., in an email on Sept. 15, 2012. It was the day before Rice went on five Sunday talk shows to spread the false video narrative.

Hillary Clinton testified that she personally sent Ambassador Christopher Stevens to Benghazi yet had no responsibility for his personal security. She corresponded with Sidney Blumenthal on Libya at great length but admitted that his plaintive emails about lack of security and Benghazi being surrounded by terrorist training camps never rose to the level where it warranted her concern. Her excuses won’t wash.

The Benghazi attack shortly before the 2012 election didn’t fit the administration narrative that the war on terror was over and that al-Qaida was on the run. It endangered President Obama’s reelection chances and Hillary’s chances to succeed him. That is why she invented and propagated the Benghazi video lie and told it to the parents of the Benghazi dead in front of their son’s caskets.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s