The Lexington Libertarian is proud to once again present an article written by Michael Connelly a U.S. Army veteran, a Constitutional attorney, Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation, and a published author, freelance writer, and teacher.
Connelly is the author of four books, “Riders in the Sky: The Ghosts and Legends of Philmont Scout Ranch”, “The Mortarmen”, a story about his father’s unit in WW II; his novel, “Amayehli: A Story of America” and the newly released “America’s Livliest Ghosts.” In addition, He has an affordable, pocket size booklet on the Constitution called “Our Constitution” that is receiving great reviews.
You may also want to check out his radio talk show that airs every Wednesday at 4:00 Eastern. Here is the website containing the link: http://www.radiosandysprings.com/showpages/OurConstitution.php
He has been named the new Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation that works on Constitutional law cases. It’s website is http://www.usjf.net.
He has recently formed a non profit corporation named the Constitutional Law Alliance (CLA).
Check out my new ‘Our Constitution” video on You Tube. It is in two parts:
Our Constitution, Part 1
Our Constitution, Part 2
DEMOCRATS FINALLY TELL THE TRUTH
For years I have listened to the leaders of the Democratic Party and the left wing media lie to the American people about what they stand for and their intentions for America. This has been particularly true during the last seven and one-half years of the Obama administration. Americans were lied to about Operation Fast and Furious, about climate change, about the IRS attacks on conservative groups, about Benghazi, about the true state of the economy, about the threat of radical Islamic terrorism, etc.
Yet, during the four days of the Democratic National Convention, the Democrats finally spoke the truth about their vision for America, and speaker after speaker confirmed that it is a vision of the total destruction of our Constitutional Republic. It is to be replaced by a socialist utopia where everyone will gladly march in lockstep like good little drones and be happy every after. The problem is that this vision has failed everywhere it has been tried for over 100 years, and the results have already resulted in the deaths of over 60,000,000 people, massive poverty and repression, and often starvation. Just look at what is currently happening in Venezuela, a “socialist paradise” touted by the left that is now a country in total chaos.
Hillary Clinton’s speech was mostly platitudes, but she started off by completely embracing the “progressive Democratic platform”. (By the way, I have been trying to find the text of that platform on line so I could read it, but it is mysteriously unavailable, only select portions of it can be found. Why is that?) What I do know about the platform and what I heard from the convention speakers, including Hillary, is chilling. For the first time, they talked honestly to the American people and this is what they told us:
- The U.S. economy will no longer be based on the free market, but will be completely controlled by the federal government.
- Small businesses will be regulated out of existence, and major corporations taxed into oblivion. In fact, all hard working Americans will pay massively higher taxes so that those people who choose not to work will receive the free stuff the Democrats have told them they are entitled to.
- If you own a firearm to protect your family and property, you are a criminal and must be disarmed. This particularly true if you are a military veteran, or social security recipient.
- If you are a Christian or a Jew and your religious beliefs don’t conform to the federal secular agenda, your churches and synagogues will be shut down.
- If you attempt to exercise your free speech rights by saying something the government deems politically incorrect, you will be silenced.
- When it comes to freedom of the press, most of the mainstream media is already in the tank for the Democrats and their socialist ideology. As long as they continue to go with the party line they will be fine, but members of the media who don’t follow that route will be silenced.
- The due process clause of the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution that protects Americans from having the federal government arbitrarily take our lives, property, and liberty will be ignored.
- The federal judiciary, including the Supreme Court, will no longer be a separate and independent branch of the government, but will be stacked with judges who will support the agenda of the federal dictatorship.
- The Congress of the United States will no longer be an independent branch of the government. If it refuses to submit itself to the control of the executive branch of the government it will simply be ignored and laws will be imposed by executive order.
- There will no longer be any illegal immigration, because our borders will be wide open to everyone including drug dealers, violent gang members, and potential terrorists. The United States will be a country without borders, and therefore not a sovereign nation at all.
This is the Democratic Party plan for the future of America. They claim it is a progressive vision, when in fact it is both regressive and oppressive. In other places; and at other times it has been referred to as socialism, communism, or fascism. It doesn’t matter what they call it because it ultimately translates into the loss of human freedom.
Of course, what do we know? In the eyes of Obama, the Clintons, and the other elitists, the rest of us are just the ignorant unwashed masses, who cling to our guns and our religion, and therefore we must allow the elites to take care of us and make all of our decisions for us. In my popular new novel, “The Rag” I refer to this new order as the Socialist Republic of America.
That is the message the Democrats have given to us. As a free American, my message to them is that I will never submit to being a slave on their federal plantation.
Michael Connelly blog