PASS A NEW HEALTH CARE INSURANCE BILL WITH A SIMPLE MAJORITY VOTE.
We have been over the way to a low-cost health care insurance program before:
- return to the Free Market pricing for insurance premiums
- remove any mandate to purchase
- remove any mandate to what is covered. Let each insuree pick and choose what they want to be covered in their policy
- remove all subsidies from health care insurance. If a person cannot truly pay for insurance then put them on a means-tested Medicaid system.
- Allow health care insurance to be sold across state lines
- Tort reform
- Institute a government subsidized high-risk pool. Remove the chronically ill from having to compete within the health care insurance program.
- Offer before tax Health Savings Accounts
And then there is this thought from American Thinker:
The ‘Free Market’ and Universal Health Care